Sandra Prevalus is an bilingual associate lawyer with Riopelle Group Professional Corporation since April, 2019. Sandra was admitted to the bar in 2017 and earned her Bachelor of Laws degree from City University Law School in London, England, in 2011. She holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Windsor in French and History.
Areas of Practice
Sandra focuses her practice on family law, child protection, criminal law, wills and litigation matters.
- Experienced family lawyer dealing with matters including custody, access, child support, spousal support, division of property, separation agreements and settlement agreements.
- Experience with child protection and status review applications
- Sandra serves as Federal Crown for all federal offences, conducting prosecutions under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Income Tax Act, Excise Act and other Federal Statutes on behalf of the Public Prosecutions Service of Canada for the districts of Cochrane, Temiskaming and Sudbury.
- Acts as Crown Counsel for Part I offences under the Highway Traffic Act on behalf of the City of Timmins and Town of Chapleau.
- Articled with Legal Aid Ontario in Timmins
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Cochrane Law Association
- Cochrane Law Association, treasurer
- Cochrane Law Association, Outreach Committee chair
- Cochrane Law Association, newsletter committee
- Living Space Homeless Shelter, volunteer – Timmins
- Member of Take Two Theatre Group, Timmins
- Singer with the Timmins Symphony Orchestra
- New Life Neighbourhood Centre, volunteer – Oshawa, ON
- Saint Vincent’s Kitchen, volunteer – Oshawa, ON